Tuesday, February 18, 2014

FInal Blogger Assement Responses


1)      One way I demonstrate my voice in the novel is by using an allusion. The allusion I use is about a portable gaming system called a PSP. This word showcases my personality as a writer because I like to compare things in the book to real life to get a sense of how the book will turn out and when the book takes place. The next phrase I use to showcase my voice is when I stated “…no one would hear you and it’s almost like being trapped.” I feel like this shows my personality because I use a simile to explain the large size of the house which shows I like to use writers craft in my writing to intrigue the reader.

 

2)      The type of diction I use in my blog is informal. I use when I refer to their new house as a “Victorian fixer-upper”.  This helps the reader to get a better image in their head of what the house actually looks like. This phrase makes the reader think of a very large and nice house but, it is still very old and definitely needs some work done before the King family can move in. One type of syntax I used in my blog was anaphora. I present this in my blog when I use the phrase, “small, secluded” to describe the town of Pinedale. This helps to really put those words into perspective and make the reader imagine the town so it’s almost like they could compare it to something they have seen or a town they have been to in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment