Sunday, February 9, 2014

House of Dark Shadows- Book Review

The book House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo is about a boy named Xander King and his family who have just moved from down town LA to the small town of Pinedale. Xander is not very happy about moving at the beginning but he gets very interested in the strange occurrences that are going on through out his new house. If you read this book, you could find out the source of these strange occurrences and see what happens to Xander and the rest of his family. I think the type of reader that would enjoy this book is someone who likes adventure novels and fantasy novels. I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars. I would give it this rating because I thought the book was very interesting but lacking some things that could have made it a great book. The writing style of this book is through the eyes of a teenager. I think Robert Liparulo did a great job of conveying this style because I felt like Xander could be a kid at our school today and I also feel like I got to know him over the course of the book.

Since I just finished reading House of Dark Shadows, any good book ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment